Saturday, January 14, 2017

How Can You Self Improve With A Mental Illness?

Self Improvement while dealing with a mental illness? Huh? How do I work on it?

I believe that in order to improve your self and mental illness, you have to try and put effort in to it. In my case, that means; listening and acknowledging others' inputs, going to therapy and psych appointments, getting involved with a recovery community or positive crowd, take my medication as prescribed, and take care of yourself in general, such as: hygienic, physically, and mentally. What I mean by mentally is, do not let people walk all over you and use you, stand up for yourself!! Do not let others decide your emotions by what they say or think about you, be you!

If you want to improve yourself and your mental illness, you have to want to improve it. It's not just something that will happen, especially over night. It takes time.

Another way to improve you and your mental illness is, have a support system/team. You can't do this alone, you need friends and family. If you don't have family, create those relationships with people that are family like.

Anyways, this is what I am doing to improve myself and my mental illness. It IS hard, but I know I can do it and I know you can too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment