Saturday, January 14, 2017

An Interview (Mental Illness)- Tara

What is your first name ? Tara

What city/state do you live in? Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom.

What is your diagnosis?  Borderline Personality Disorder impulsive type, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, low mood, avoidant personality traits.  

How long have you had a mental illness or became aware of it? i have had mental illness for 10 years.

Have you tried therapy? What kind? Was it helpful? i have had counselling, CBT none has worked and not really helpful long term.

What are some coping skills you use when your symptoms are happening? I call people, message people, make live videos on groups, draw pictures, look on online retailer websites on things i'd like to buy, and i also cuddle my dog. 

Do you have a support system? Family? Friends? Both?   Sort of from family, one always stays in the house with me, but they don't understand and can be quite mean about it, even mean to me when i have anxiety attacks in public and refuse to help me walk. So i wouldn't say i really have a support system despite someone staying in house with me, but i do ring samaritans a lot which is a UK helpline for any issues and find them helpful to talk to and i DO NOT trust City Mental Health Care Team, i do not get on with my care coordinator who is very judgmental and horrible, doesn't listen to me or respect my wishes.

Do you think your family understand your diagnosis/mental illness? This is a hard one because my dad does try and sometimes he seems to understand a lot about my anxiety but not my BPD and again can be quite mean towards my me and my mental illness sometimes, my mother has zero understanding she doesn't believe i am poorly and thinks i make excuses and fake it basically. 

How has your mental illness/diagnosis affeted your life? It has ruined my life, i'm unable to leave the house i have no friends i have been housebound on off for 10 years.

Where do you see your self in 10 years? maybe dead? i dunno :( i do not see my future any different than this. But in my dreams i would like to think i'll have a normal life do everyday things like normal people, my own house a job and just loving life care free.

No comments:

Post a Comment