Sunday, January 15, 2017

An Interview (Mental Health) Miles!!

What is your diagnosis?
Borderline Personality Disorder/ Chronic Depressive Disorder/ Generalised Anxiety Disorder

How long have you had a mental illness or became aware of it?
Since 1987

Have you tried therapy? What kind? Was it helpful?
I have tried generic councilling, which has helped to control impulsivity. I am six weeks into psychoanalysis which has been distressing.

What are some coping skills you use when your symptoms are happening?
Power walking/ listening to music/ reading

Do you have a support system? Family? Friends? Both?
Both

Do you think your family understand your diagnosis/mental illness?
They try to understand, but don’t really grasp the severity of it and how it impacts upon every waking moment

How has your mental illness/diagnosis affeted your life?
Hugely.  It is an fundamental part of me-  I regard it as an additional limb. It’s a constant weight and presence. It was exhausting battle pretending it didn’t impact on my life, so I’ve reluctan tly accepted I have a serious, progressive, life altering illness.

Where do you see your self in 10 years?

I have no idea. I just want to live through today.

Do you have anymore questions for me?

2 comments: