Sunday, January 15, 2017

An Interview (Mental health) Jessica!!!


> What is your first name ? Jessica
>
> What city/state do you live in? Traverse City, MI
>
> What is your diagnosis? Ptsd, BPD, anorexia/bulimia, General anxiety disorder, dysthymia, obsessive compulsive disorder, ADHD
>
> How long have you had a mental illness or became aware of it? Started counseling at 11, stopped eating at 9, first psych hospital at 14
>
> Have you tried therapy? What kind? Was it helpful? Yes. For the last 25 years, all kinds. Psycho retail therapy, dbt, eating disorder therapy, emotions anonymous, and residential treatment center
>
> What are some coping skills you use when your symptoms are happening? I try them but it all depends on my mood at the time, if I am already upset then honestly most coping skills don't work....it may be in my head but I'm no good at coping at all usually.
>
> Do you have a support system? Family? Friends? Both?I used to. My mom killed herself and my sister cut me out, but i have my husband and grandma.
>
> Do you think your family understand your diagnosis/mental illness? Yes most definitely, thank God.
>
> How has your mental illness/diagnosis affeted your life? I lost my first husband, my Kids, my job, ok multiple jobs, my weight fluctuates more then anything else. My current husband has gone thru Hell and honestly I don't know why he stays.
>
> Where do you see your self in 10 years? Hopefully still alive, happily married and full on in our business...

No comments:

Post a Comment